4WD & Camper Trailer Towing Programme
If you have purchased an off road camper trailer or off road caravan and are about to head out on your long awaited holiday or you are required to tow a trailer with a 4WD as part of your daily employment you simply cannot afford to miss this excellent training programme. You will attain an Introductory level of operation of a four wheel drive vehicle and vehicle recovery techniques.
If you are thinking of purchasing an off road trailer but haven't done so as yet because of the fear of learning how to reverse it, we have the answer You can attend our camper trailer 4wd course and hire our trailer to learn the reversing skills before committing your dollars to a fully fledged camper trailerPosted by Great Divide Tours on Monday, 3 August 2015
In addition to this you will be trained in how to tow your camper trailer or off road caravan on unsealed surfaces and over 4WD terrain. Trailer maintenance, trailer reversing techniques and daily checks are also covered in this must do course.
Training is provided in the Nationally Recognised standard for the following competencies:-
SISODRV302A - Drive and Recover a 4WD
TLIB2004A - Carry Out Vehicle Inspection
TLIC2025A - Operate 4WD vehicle
SISODRV201A - Drive AWD/4WD vehicles on unsealed roads
What is Included in Each Training Programme
- Training for up two drivers in your vehicle.
- All meals for the weekend including morning tea, lunch, dinner on Saturday and breakfast, morning tea and lunch on Sunday.
- Tea, coffee and orange juice throughout the course.
- 4WD Operators Manual.
- Camping on our specialist 4WD training property.
- If you do not wish to camp we can arrange accommodation in nearby motel for small extra fee (see costs below).
- A certificate of Completion
Costs (includes GST)
4WD & Camper Trailer Towing Programme
- $595 per vehicle & trailer with up to 2 drivers
- $150 extra person above first two
- Children under 16 $50
Your fee includes camping at our 4WD Venue, if you do not have camping gear we can arrange motel accommodation from $120 per double and Bunk House accommodation at $20 per person, shared accommodation and bring your own sleeping bag or linen. When making your booking please indicate your accommodation needs.
If the above dates do not suit, we can arrange individual training at a date to suit you. Cost of Individual Training (up to 2 persons in one vehicle) is $950. (under 16yrs $50 each, extra persons in your vehicle over the initial two $250 each) This includes all training, camping (bunk house available at $20 each) and Training to Nationally Recognised level. Contact Vic Widman on (02) 9913 1395 for more details or send an email to email@example.com
In the 4WD Drive Training Programmes offered you will receive training in:-
- Understanding how your 4WD system works (Practical)
- Basic Maintenance and fault checking (Practical)
- How to find the smoothest path to follow on any given surface (Practical)
- High and Low Range application (Practical)
- Use of brakes and engine braking (Practical)
- The difference between automatic and manual transmissions off road (Practical)
- Different traction control devices (Practical & Theory)
- How to drive through mud (Practical)
- How to drive through sand (Theory)
- How to drive up steep inclines (Practical)
- How to drive down steep declines (Practical)
- How to cross a river (Theory & Simulated)
- How to cross deep washouts (Practical)
- How to drive over rocky and broken ground (Practical)
- How to perform a forward and reverse stall start recovery (Practical)
- How to safely use a snatch strap, exhaust jack and winch (electric & manual)(Practical)
In the off road camper trailer training you will receive training in
- Hitches, towing technques, load level and packing
- Off road driving including steep incline and decline, rocky river beds, mud and sand.
- Reverse parking
- Trailer maintenance.
You will also receive advice on
- Camping and outback travel tips
- Communications equipment including CB, UHF, HF radios and Satellite Telephones
- Accessories and tyre choice
Great Divide Tours owns an exclusive property on the outskirts of Braidwood in the Southern Highlands of NSW. Just 3 hours drive from Sydney, 2 hours from Wollongong and 1 hour from Canberra it is ideally located for easy access. This property has been developed with four wheel drive training in mind. Fully approved by Council this is a state of art training facility. It is in a picturesque bushland setting typical of the type of terrain that you are likely to encounter when using your 4WD. The nearby town of Braidwood provides fuel, supplies and accommodation. Camping on the property is included in your training fee cost.
Tour/Driver Training Deposits are non refundable unless your position can be filled, the deposit may be transferred to another date/tour or course.
Fees are payable from 1 week to 4 weeks prior to the tour/course, you will be advised when the fee is payable. Any cancellation by you after the due date for the full fee will result in forfeiture of your tour fee.