2 Day Introductory 4WD Driver Training
The Introductory 4WD Driver Training Programme will provide skills in every kind of four wheel drive terrain including track appreciation, mud driving, steep inclines and declines, river crossings, sand driving, rocky terrain, snow driving, wheel placement and engine braking.
Four wheel drive recovery skills are included such as use of snatch straps, manual and electric winches and exhaust jacks. Advice on convoy procedure, communications equipment, camping gear and accessories is also provided.
4WD Driver Training is provided in the Nationally Recognised standard for the following competencies:-
TLIC2025A - Operate 4WD vehicle
SISODRV201A - Drive AWD/4WD vehicles on unsealed roads
SISODRV302A - Drive and Recover a 4WD
TLIB2004A - Carry Out Vehicle Inspection
What is Included in Each 4WD Driver Training Programme?
- Training for up two drivers in your vehicle.
- All meals for the weekend including morning tea, lunch, dinner on Saturday and breakfast, morning tea and lunch on Sunday.
- Tea, coffee and orange juice throughout the programme.
- 4WD Operators Manual.
- Camping on our specialist 4WD training property.
- A certificate of Completion
If you do not wish to camp we can arrange accommodation in nearby motel for small extra fee (see costs below).
Costs (includes GST)
2 day 4WD Driver Training Introductory Training Programme (recreational users)
- $595 per vehicle with up to 2 drivers
- $150 extra person above first two
- Children under 16 $50
Your fee includes camping at our 4WD Venue, if you do not have camping gear we can arrange motel accommodation from $120 per double or Bunk style accommodation in our training facility for $20 per person, shared accommodation and bring your own sleeping bag or linen. When making your booking please indicate your accommodation needs.
If the above dates do not suit, we can arrange individual training at a date to suit you. Cost of Individual Training (up to 2 persons in one vehicle) is $950. (under 16yrs $50 each, extra persons in your vehicle over the initial two $250 each) This includes all training, camping (bunk house available at $20 each) and Training to Nationally Recognised level. Contact Vic Widman on (02) 9913 1395 for more details or send an email to email@example.com
The 2 day 4WD Drive Training Programme offers training in:-
- Understanding how your 4WD system works (Practical)
- Basic Maintenance and fault checking (Practical)
- How to find the smoothest path to follow on any given surface (Practical)
- High and Low Range application (Practical)
- Use of brakes and engine braking (Practical)
- The difference between automatic and manual transmissions off road (Practical)
- Different traction control devices (Practical & Theory)
- How to drive through mud (Practical)
- How to drive through sand (Theory)
- How to drive through snow (Theory)
- How to drive up steep inclines (Practical)
- How to drive down steep declines (Practical)
- How to cross a river (Theory & Simulated)
- How to cross deep washouts (Practical)
- How to drive over rocky and broken ground (Practical)
- How to perform a forward and reverse stall start recovery (Practical)
- How to safely use a snatch strap and winch (electric & manual) (Practical)
- Camping and outback travel tips (Theory)
- Advice on Communications equipment including CB, UHF, HF radios and Satellite Telephones
- Advice on accessories and tyre choice
Great Divide Tours owns an exclusive property on the outskirts of Braidwood in the Southern Highlands of NSW. Just 3 hours drive from Sydney, 2 hours from Wollongong and 1 hour from Canberra it is ideally located for easy access. This property has been developed with four wheel drive training in mind. Fully approved by Council this is a state of art training facility. It is in a picturesque bushland setting typical of the type of terrain that you are likely to encounter when using your 4WD. The nearby town of Braidwood provides fuel, supplies and accommodation. Camping on the property is included in your 4WD Driver training fee cost.
Tour/Driver Training Deposits are non refundable unless your position can be filled, the deposit may be transferred to another date/tour or course.
Fees are payable from 1 week to 4 weeks prior to the tour/course, you will be advised when the fee is payable. Any cancellation by you after the due date for the full fee will result in forfeiture of your tour fee.